Learn more about Berkshire Taconic’s community assessment process by reading our report, joining our webinars and accessing the resources below.
Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation will continue to host a series of webinars focused on our strategic priorities: educational attainment, community engagement and economic opportunity. Check back here for information about future webinars. You can watch past webinars through the links below.
Discussing A Closer Look: Berkshire Taconic’s 2017 Community Assessment Project
November 30, 2017
A Plan for the Future: Berkshire Taconic’s Strategic Priorities
April 18, 2018
- The sources for our assessment project are compiled in this document [PDF].
- A Closer Look was featured on the Berkshire Eagle’s podcast series. Host Mark Mills spoke with Peter Taylor, president of Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation; Stephen Sheppard, Williams College professor of economics; and Tony Dobrowolski, business editor of the Berkshire Eagle. Listen now.
- Read a full report on the launch of A Closer Look.
- Berkshire Benchmarks is a comprehensive source of data and information on Berkshire County provided by Berkshire United Way and Berkshire Regional Planning Commission.
- 1Berkshire provides community profiles of Berkshire County towns and information on jobs, industries and cost of living on its website.
- The Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires produces an annual Giving Back Guide to Charitable Opportunities in the Berkshires.
- Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation released a set of preliminary findings on food access in Columbia County as part of the Fresh & Healthy Food for All initiative, a partnership with two anonymous donors.
- Columbia County manages a municipal website that includes the 2018-2019 New York Municipal Guide.
- Columbia Economic Development Corporation and the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce are resources for businesses and community members.
- Dutchessny.gov is the official website of Dutchess County.
- Dutchess Tourism and the Dutchess County Chamber of Commerce provide helpful information and resources.
- Hudson Valley Pattern for Progress conducts research to inform policy and planning for the Hudson Valley.
- Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley produced a report on food security.
- The Northwest Hills Council of Governments is a coordinating body for chief elected officials maintained by 21 municipalities in northwest Connecticut.
- Resources from the Northwest Connecticut Chamber of Commerce include its comprehensive economic development strategy.
- The Foundation for Community Health (FCH) conducted a community health assessment and provides a list of health resources for New York and Connecticut.
- Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation, with support from BTCF and FCH, published Beneath the Surface, a report on the opioid crisis. The foundation also produced research on demographics and well-being indicators in the report, Community Crossroads.
- The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy highlights data on Connecticut communities, including Litchfield County. The listing features reports about regional demographics, economic opportunity, education, health, quality of life and happiness.
Support Our Priorities
One way to take action is to make a gift to Berkshire Taconic’s community fund. Donations to the fund will support the steps we take together on strategic initiatives across our region.